Last updated on December 12th, 2017
- 1 What Makes Psiphon for PC Exciting ?
- 2 Best Features of Psiphon 3 for PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/10)
- 3 Install & Download Psiphon on Your Android Device
- 4 Step By Step: How to download psiphon for PC or Windows (7/8/8.1/10)
- 5 Important Points to keep in Mind when Using Psiphon3
Psiphon3 can be simply explained as a tunnel built between users to securely transmit data over a network. Psiphon is an app which is first available for android platform but due to huge success of this psiphon for android creator just launch the updated version of psiphon3 for pc and windows. Initially about a few years back, VPNs were servers located within firms and companies which allowed the employees to access the company’s server from remote locations. At later stages the technology is widely used to hide user’s true online identity and in the last few months, VPN services gained further significance due to snooping revelations of NSA.
If you’re an internet worm, just like me, then latest version, psiphon 3 for windows help you to get restricted access of websites. Some of these websites ( or most of them ) open without any hassle, but some websites don’t open and return an “not accessible” error. This is due to the fact that those websites are banned by the government in that particular region or country for different-different issues. (most often piracy )
|Filename||Psiphon for PC & Window|
|File size||4.74 MB|
|Requirements||Windows (All Versions)|
What Makes Psiphon for PC Exciting ?
Psiphon 3 is a communication app that comes to be very handy when you want to browse something that has been blocked by the government or the ISP for some reasons. With the download of psiphon 3 VPN for windows 7/8/8.1/10, you can access all such sites without any hassles. As mentioned above, the app runs fine on both android and personal computers. Thanks to the application, browsing restricted websites become a piece of cake. So Just relax J We are here to guide you to download psiphon for pc.
Also Read: Psiphon Review Latest 
To break it down in technical words, Psiphon 3 is an exe that is built by joining obfuscation and communication technologies such as SSH, HTTP Proxy, and VPN. The app comes from the house of Psiphon Inc and was made to rescue users who were not able to access websites due to pointless censorship and content-filtering being done by government or the Internet service provider.
Best Features of Psiphon 3 for PC (Windows 7/8/8.1/10)
- Get access to any website which is running on the internet regardless of any restrictions laid down by government or your ISP
- It is free of cost, which means you don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket to use this app.
- User interface with psiphon 3 for windows version is quite smooth, the developer seems to have done a great task in theming the whole application.
- With the download of psiphon3 vpn it just runs in the background and lets you use it in passive mode, which means, that you don’t need to open URLS inside the application, you can just run the app and surf internet as normal.
- Psiphon 3 masks your original IP address, which means you won’t suffer from a leak.
- You can also surf in their inbuilt browser, or you can just browse in the normal browser that you have.
- You don’t need to worry about data overage, you can easily track your data usage from the app dashboard and the whole process is secured and encrypted.
Install & Download Psiphon on Your Android Device
Step 1: Enable “unknown source” in your settings>Security> Unknown Sources. If you have already enabled it, no need to follow this step, skip to the second step.
Step 2: Download the psiphon 3 APK from here. ( quick and direct )
Step 3: Open the downloaded apk and start the installation process.
Step 4: While the application is installing, make sure it doesn’t face any restriction or interruption.
Step 5: Once the app is installed, you are free to use it without any hassles.
Step By Step: How to download psiphon for PC or Windows (7/8/8.1/10)
There are two ways in which you can install the Psiphon 3 app on your computer. You can install it either through an emulator or directly from their official app. Both methods have been mentioned below.
FIRST METHOD: Psiphon for PC: Installation with BlueStacks (With Emulator)
Step 1: Download Bluestacks android emulator. This app lets you install psiphon android apk on your PC and use them without any hassle. If you already have bluestacks installed, continue from 2nd step.
Step 2: Open the exe file and follow the normal installation process to get the application installed on your computer.
Step 3: Now, once the app is installed, download the apk file and locate it on your computer and double-click on it to install it with the bluestacks player. Now you can run it inside the bluestacks emulator.
Note: This method requires you to install an emulator. Use this method only if you will be using more android apps on your PC. If you are only going to use Psiphon 3 on your PC, it’s better to use the direct installer.
Things you’ll require to install without an Emulator
- Internet connection ( duh )
- IDM ( or any other download manager )
- Psiphon.exe ( click to download instantly )
SECOND METHOD: Download Psiphon 3 app for PC without BlueStacks (Without Emulator)
Step 1: Once you download the application, there would be a pop-up.
Step 2: Now select SSH+. Once you select it, you’ll get a message that SSH+ has been connected successfully.
Step 3: Now open Mozilla Firefox, and open network settings. They can be found under Options > Advance.
Step 4: In the network settings, you’ll find a ton of options. Select manual proxy and set it to 127.0.0.1 and 8080 as your port and save your settings.
Step 5: Thumps UP, you are done; you can now browse anything without any restrictions. If you feel the speed is bit low, then try reconnecting once or twice.
Important Points to keep in Mind when Using Psiphon3
- As soon as you open the app, you’ll get a warning message with “attention” title. If you get any such message, tap Okay to assure your faith in the application.
- You’ll get to swipe left on the screen to get options. If you don’t get to swipe, simply click on tabs to open the options.
- Always choose the best performance as your region and select “tunnel whole device” for best performance.
- Click on the Start button and then wait till the icon shows up in the notifications.
- If the application is working, you will be notified of the application and it will say “VPN is activated by Psiphon’ along with “Psiphon 3 is running in whole device mode’ after this.
Is there an authentic version of Psiphon 3 for windows?
With so many android simulators, a lot of apps just roll out an android variant and people convert it into windows version using a simulator. However, Psiphon provides a signed version of Psiphon3. It is not distributed as an installable pack. Instead, you get a single executable file which is signed by Psiphon Inc.
Your operating system will check this on its own when you execute the file. You can navigate to properties of the executable file and inspect the “Digital Signatures” tab.
What user information is collected via Psiphon 3 VPN?
Psiphon 3 collects the following data.
- Email request number for client download links
- How frequently are protocol used, and the error codes that show up after failure Total number of upgrades
- Page views
- Session duration and session countries
- How frequently new servers are discovered by users.
- Total number of HTTPS requests
- Total number of Bytes transferred
- Client’s operating system
Psiphon3 claims to collect this data to know how well this app is working, which of the strategies are effective, and which sites are popular. The information is also shared with their “partners”. On the light side, you don’t need to create an account to use this application.
Can my Internet Service provider see my activity while being on Psiphon?
The data transferred over Psiphon3 is completely encrypted. Which means that your internet service provider can’t see what you are browsing, your uploads, and your chat messages etc. But you should keep in mind that this tool is not designed to be an anti-surveillance purpose. It is more leaning towards finding a way around censorship.
What is “sideloading” and how do I do it?
Side loading refers to the process of installing an application on your device without signing it via Play store. This is meant for people who don’t have access to Google’s play store or that app is not available for their region in particular.
To install direct downloaded of Psiphon3 for android, go to Android settings > Security and check “unknown sources”.
Why did my file name have a .orig extension?
When the application is automatically updated, windows rename the old version to “Psiphon3.exe.orig”. If you have any old files, they can be safety deleted.
Why does my IP change so frequently?
Your app discovers new servers on its own. If the last server is unavailable, a separate one would be used instead.
What is the default protocol used by Psiphon for PC?
The application uses SSH. Along with SSH, there is an additional obfuscation layer on its top to defend the protocol against fingerprinting.
Why my connects keep disconnect?
This is usually caused due to an inconsistent internet connection. On a smartphone, it can be your signal being dropped (which is again, something that leads to inconsistent internet connection ).
Why is VPN Mode so slow?
Can’t I even load some pages? Some internet connections or networking hardware might lead to performance problems for your L2TP/IPSec, the protocol which is used by Psiphon 3 while being in VPN mode. If the problem persists, use the SSH mode instead.
Psiphon3 not working after device update!
If your Psiphon is connected while you are downloading the upgrade, it might not be able to connect once an update is done. This is an android bug, what you need to do is reboot your device.